Program available at/via: [Walla Walla][Clarkston] [Corrections Education -CRCC][Corrections Education -WSP]
Program Overview: Career and Academic Preparation (CAP) courses are designed to build skills in reading, writing, oral communication, critical thinking, technology, and mathematics so adults can transition to workforce training or academic transfer programs.
Students are prepared to:
- Earn a high school diploma
- Pass the General Education Development (GED)
- Increase English language skills
- Prepare for college-level courses
Class fees are $25 per quarter.
Adult High School Completion is a competency-based high school diploma designed for adult learners (18 and older). GED® preparation classes are designed for individuals who wish to prepare for the college entrance exam or for the four subject tests included in the General Educational Development (GED®) exam. Pre-college classes provide a learning environment that assists students in developing skills and confidence that lead to academic and workforce success.
I-BEST (Integrated Basic Education Skills) pathway training programs are designed for students to improve their English language or basic skills while earning college-level certificates or two-year degrees. Only certain programs participate in I-BEST.
Program Completion. The time required to complete the course depends on individual learning needs.
Program Level Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the program, students will:
- Demonstrate academic reading, math, and written and oral communication skills through the development of critical thinking and comprehension strategies.
- Recognize themselves as learners and citizens capable of accomplishing their academic and professional goals and contributing to the larger community.
- Engage in campus activities, utilize campus resources, and demonstrate the ability to transition to and navigate academic and professional environments.
- Demonstrate an increase in computer literacy and proficiency in using technology for academic and professional purposes.
- Use interpersonal skills and strategies in a multicultural context.
Entrance Requirements: Students may register any time during the quarter and there is a $25 fee per quarter.
CoursesCareer & Academic Prep