Program available at/via: [Walla Walla][Clarkston] [Corrections Education -CRCC][Corrections Education -WSP]
Program Overview: General Education Development (GED®) is a high school equivalency exam. Students prepare to take the tests by participating in stand-alone GED® preparation courses, or in Career and Academic courses. Students prepare to take the exam by participating in general classroom instruction, group work, individualized instruction, computer-assisted instruction, and/or self-paced work. The program is provided in both English and Bilingual/Spanish to meet individual student needs.
Program Level Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the program, students will:
- Demonstrate academic reading, math, and written and oral communication skills through the development of critical thinking and comprehension strategies.
- Recognize themselves as learners and citizens capable of accomplishing their academic and professional goals and contributing to the larger community.
- Engage in campus activities, utilize campus resources, and demonstrate the ability to transition to and navigate academic and professional environments.
- Demonstrate an increase in computer literacy and proficiency in using technology for academic and professional purposes.
- Use interpersonal skills and strategies in a multicultural context.
Entrance Requirements: Students may register any time during the quarter and there is a $25 fee per quarter.
CoursesGeneral Education Development