Program available at/via: [Walla Walla][Online (full)]
Department Overview: Irrigation Business Management provides practical learning experience in irrigation system design, operation, scheduling, and troubleshooting, plus business and marketing skills. Graduates are prepared to design, install, operate, maintain, manage, and market commercial and residential irrigation systems and businesses. All of the courses required for the degree and certificate can be taken online.
Program Level Outcomes:
- An understanding of discipline-specific terminology and methods.
- An ability to use discipline-specific tools and/or techniques correctly.
- Critical thinking skills necessary in water and irrigation systems and small business operations, including problem solving skills and the use of data.
- The ability to research, interpret, and communicate concepts.
- An understanding of the relationships between course concepts and society, including the impact of course-specific technology.
Degrees: The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Irrigation Business Management is a two-year degree program that prepares students for work in the industry. A one-year certificate in Commercial & Residential Irrigation is also available. All of the courses required for the degree and certificate can be taken online.
Industry Description: The commercial and residential irrigation industries continue to experience technological advancements in labor saving and water conserving irrigation systems. Highly skilled irrigation technicians are required to design, install, operate and maintain these new products, and skilled managers are needed to market and manage the businesses or departments responsible for providing these services.
Entrance Requirements: Although students pursuing the AAS degree or certificate may begin their study in fall, winter, or spring quarter, several courses are in sequence and only offered once each year, so it is preferable to start in fall quarter. WWCC has an open admissions process. It’s free to apply and everyone who applies is accepted. Applications are accepted year-round! Apply online.
Other Information: For additional information including regional employment data, completion rates, student characteristics, and employment see http://www.careerbridge.wa.gov.